Harvest Ridge's Beginnings
Harvest Ridge is the daughter of Community Covenant Church on 87th Street Parkway in Lenexa, Kansas. In 1996, CCC called Pastor Eric Sparrman to serve as its church-planting pastor. We held our first worship service in 1997 with a core group of about 50 people from CCC. Since that time, we have met in two schools and a movie theater before moving into our present facility in 2001.
Harvest Ridge belongs to an even bigger family of about 800 Christ-centered and mission-minded churches in the U.S. and Canada - a denomination known as the Evangelical Covenant Church. Together, we share in the ministry of World and Home Missions, Retirement and Benevolent Ministries, Ministries of Justice and Compassion, Bible Camps and Conference Centers, and Christian Higher Education. We are heirs to a 100+ year history of Covenant Church ministry with nine other ECC churches currently in the Kansas City metro area.
Celebrating 20 Years of Ministry
Harvest Ridge's Holy Manners
Colossians 3:12-17, 1 Thessalonians 5:12-26
Based on Scripture, Harvest Ridge has developed Holy Manners, or guidelines to effective and respectful communication within our congregation and among our staff and leadership team members.
- We seek to build each other up and not tear each other down.
- We seek to communicate clearly, completely, and directly.
- We make positive investments in each other's lives.
- We accept disagreement, conflict, and evaluation as normal and natural.
- We respect and honor the office of pastor and other lay leaders.
- We offer our opinions with charity and humility.
- We seek to discover what is best for our church as a whole, not what may be best for us or for some small group in the church.
- We believe the best of each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt.
- We are committed to being inconvenienced for the gospel.