Journeying Together: The Church of God
August 28, 2022 Speaker: Pastor Jeff Flanagan Series: Journeying Together
Passage: Ephesians 3:4-11, 1 Timothy 3:4-16
Sermon Outline for August 28, 2022
JOURNEYING TOGETHER: The Church of God
Ephesians 3:4-11; 1 Timothy 3:14-16
Introduction: The truth of God in this world
Message: The role of God’s church in relation to this truth
4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive
with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have
been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the
heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.
1. God has now revealed to people (through Jesus Christ) things that were
previously unseen by God’s people in the Old Testament.
2. What God has revealed is that through the Gospel, God has formed a new
people comprised of Jesus-following Jews and Gentiles (i.e., “the church”).
3. Paul’s mission is to proclaim this gospel which forms a new people, and to
explain to people the “boundless riches of Christ.”
4. God’s intent and purpose for all this is that “through the church” the truth of
God’s actions for the world would be made known to all people.
1 Timothy 3:14-16
1. The church is the foundation and the pillars of God’s truth in this world.
2. That truth we proclaim the message of Christ (“Gospel), which produces
godliness in the lives of people
Conclusion: Let each of us live and think as pillars of God’s truth in this world.
More in Journeying Together
November 13, 2022Journeying Together: The Lord's Prayer II
October 30, 2022Journeying Together: Service
October 23, 2022Journeying Together: Accountability