From the ECC Denomination:
$24/day reduced rate available to the first ten students to enroll.
The SLS in the News:
Read the article from the Shawnee Mission Post.
We are pleased to offer a new Supportive Learning Space at Harvest Ridge to help families manage remote education during this challenging season. We hope this program will be a blessing to families in our community as we provide a safe space and educational support for students who are learning remotely.
There are two learning options for families:
- SLS Staff-Supervised Cohort: The Harvest Ridge team will place your child(ren) in a cohort with other students and provide a trained and supported learning coach to help your student meet their daily learning goals.
- Parent-Supervised Learning Cohort: Families can organize a learning cohort of up to 15 children and register to rent a classroom for remote learning. Parents must provide full supervision and complete Harvest Ridge's safegaurding training.
Come 1, 2, or more days per week. Sign-ups for the following are due weekly by Wednesday at noon. Call Director Karla for a short-notice sign-up (816-590-9734). Payments are due by Thursday for the following week.
HRCC is seeking only to cover our costs. A grant from our denomination makes sponsorships possible, so please don't let our fees stand between you and a service that would be a blessing. See below for information about sponsorships.
Enrollment fee per child: $100 - This will help cover some of our start-up costs, such as staff training and building preparation. Payment must be received within three business days from confirmation of placement in order to secure your child's enrollment.
SLS Staff-Supervised Cohort: $32.00 per child per day.
Parent-Supervised Cohort: Please contact Director Karla if this option is of interest to you.
You may pay in-person by check or cash. An online payment system is currently under construction.
Sponsorships are possible because of a grant from the Evangelical Covenant Denomination, donations from our congregation, and donations from Shawnee community members. Please let us know if:
- Your child receives 2020-2021 Child Nutrition Program Benefits
- You are a single parent
- Your household has faced job loss or other financial challenges due to Covid-19
- You are facing economic hardship for another reason
**If you are in need of financial assistance for these or any other reasons, please contact our director, Karla Jordan (email@example.com, 816 590 9734).
We are dedicated to keeping everyone safe and make each day a success, and we need families to be part of the effort, too. Our programming is based on the guidance from the Johnson County Childcare Licensing Division and JCDHE. Before enrolling, please keep the following in mind:
- Students and parent/guardians will receive guidance about drop off/pick up, daily desk cleaning (BYO disinfecting wipes!), and in-building expectations for distancing, handwashing, and mask wearing. All students, parent/guardians, and staff will be required to wear masks in line with current guidance.
- Students and supervising parents must bring their own lunch. Snacks are generously provided by Christian Brothers Automotive in Shawnee! We love sharing, but students will not be permitted to share food with each other to reduce the risk of Covid19 transmission.
- Students must work with headphones and keep a respectable volume for other learners.
- Agreed pick up times must be kept. Students may arrive up to 20 minutes before their school-day starts, and depart within 20 minutes of the end of their day.
Registration Instructions for SLS Staff-Supervised Cohorts:
- Use the Student Registration Form and our team will be in touch with you to facilitiate initial enrollment.
- Pay the enrollment fee within three days of receiving confirmation that your student has a spot.
- Note that weekly spot requests are required by Wednesday at noon. A confirmation will be sent on Wednesday afternoon. Payment must be received by Thursday each week.
A big THANK YOU to those who have informed and supported the program!
- The Evangelical Covenant Church denomination Love Mercy Do Justice Financial Relief Initiative for a generous Missional Relief Grant providing sponsorships for students in need.
- Shawnee Faith Community and City Partnership for inputs, coordination, and ongoing support.
- Christian Brothers Automotive for yummy snack donations. Visit them and make a donation to their charity of the month!
- Johnson County Childcare Licensing Division for guidance, advice, and ongoing suport.