We are planting seeds of faith and teaching children the Word of God.
At Harvest Ridge, we believe that children are valued members of our church community. We want children to feel welcome and to know that they can be active and inquisitive, the way God created them to be. Our vision is to serve alongside families as we point children to Jesus and teach them the Word of God.
Registration: Visiting families may want to arrive a bit early to meet their child’s teacher and visit their child’s classroom. Parents can fill out the registration form (click here for form) ahead of time and bring it to the Welcome Center or fill one out when they arrive. Please feel free to contact the Children’s Ministry Pastor if you have any questions.
Worship: Children are invited to worship with their parents in the sanctuary for the first portion of the worship service. We love to see them join the congregation in singing and praising God. Your child can choose a worship bag to occupy them during worship. We have found that when children sit closer to the front, they can more fully participate in the service, as they can see better and feel a part of what is happening on stage.
Children’s Worship: After the singing portion of our service is over, children are invited to attend children’s worship. All children begin in our children’s gathering room, where we do an activity all together and pray before splitting into age-based small groups. A Bible story is taught in each small group, then children participate in activities and discussions that reinforce the story. Children are sent home with a “Growing Your Faith Together” handout to inform parents about the lesson and explain how they might expand on at home what their child learned at church.
Latest Children's Ministry Podcasts:
- March 21: Lesson 36 - Isaiah
- March 14: Lesson 35 - Esther
- March 7: Lesson 34 - Nehemaih
- February 28: Lesson 33 - Josiah
Special Events: Throughout the year, we host special events for our children and families, such as Trunk or Treat, an Easter egg hunt, and Vacation Bible School. These events are a fun way to foster a sense of community in our church, reach out to our friends and neighbors, and help children and families encounter Christ.
- Vacation Bible School: Harvest Ridge loves VBS! Each year, we do this event because we value children and delight in giving them a special week to focus on God, build stronger relationships with each other, and reach out to neighbors.
- Trunk or Treat: In the fall, our children are invited to participate in a church-wide Trunk or Treat, during which they can dress up in costume, visit decorated cars to gather candy, and jump in a bouncy house.
- Bible Presentation: Each year, we give Bibles to our 3rd grade students and encourage them to begin exploring their faith in a more personal way.
- Easter Egg Hunt: On Easter Sunday, we host an egg hunt after the Sunday morning worship service.